Welcome to the new school year. It is my honor to lead the MSD of Pike Township with the support of a dynamic staff dedicated to serving our students.
In the MSD of Pike Township, we strongly support the ongoing efforts of our school community to make every child feel welcome, seen, accepted, and understood. We do this by striving to provide all students with an affirming education that honors their identities, acknowledges their varied backgrounds and perspectives, and respects their experiences. We are committed to ensuring that we recognize every child’s strengths and be responsive to their needs, build strong relationships with the communities, and offer relevant lessons grounded in inclusive curriculums.
The MSD of Pike Township mission statement drives our daily work. It reads, “The Metropolitan School District of Pike Township cultivates a diverse, innovative learning environment by opening doors of opportunity for students to achieve their maximum potential.”
As we continue to celebrate the diversity of our community, our Equity Council will lead our efforts to ensure an inclusive environment for our students, staff, families, and the community.
The Equity Council’s work reflects MSD Pike Township unwavering belief that:
- Our community is strengthened by diversity, multiple perspectives, and mutual respect
- All students deserve an equitable school experience
- All are invited, welcomed, and valued members of our Pike Family
- We will follow and be accountable to the tenets of our human dignity policy
- We will continue to integrate culturally responsive instruction
- We will continue to review our policies and guidelines to be sure we walk the talk
- We will reach students where they are and build on their backgrounds and not just ours
- We will maintain high expectations because we BELIEVE everyone needs the opportunity to do more than they might believe they can
We are #PikeProud of our community and the educational experience that we provide! Join us in celebrating our fundamental belief that the children we serve have the passion to understand the world and the power to change it.
Dr. Flora Reichanadter, Superintendent of Schools
MSD Pike Township
Assistant Superintendent of Operations
Dr. Larry Young
Assistant Superintendent of Curriculum and Instruction
Dr. Maggie Hernandez Bishop